The non-public transportation reimbursement claim is the way by which parents of children attending a non-public school, or school districts, may get reimbursed for at least a part of their transportation costs. The funding for this program is appropriated by the legislature from the State of Iowa’s general fund. The program is mandated by Iowa Code section 285.1(14), which states: “Resident pupil attending a nonpublic school located either within or without the school district of the pupil’s residence shall be entitled to transportation on the same basis as provided for resident public school pupils under this section.”
Some important highlights to note:
- Please include all students in your household on one application. K-8 students only; preschool students are not eligible.
- A parent or guardian who transports one or more family members more than four miles to their nonpublic school are eligible to submit an application.
- Only one application submitted per child.
- Applications must be submitted to Trinity School Office no later than Friday, April 17, 2020.
- Can be mailed to TLS or emailed back to email@example.com, until the school is opened back up to the public
Please click the link below for your school district in which you currently reside. If your school district is not listed below, please contact Dana at the school office and she can assist with getting you the proper form. If you need another copy of the reimbursement form, a copy will be sent home with your student as soon as school is back in session.