We are gearing up for the 2021-2022 school year! The staff is excited to greet parents at Orientation(s), August 18 & 19 (see schedule on website), and preparing for a wonderful year with your student(s).
COVID prevention and health safety is something we need to address again this year, in the event our community (school and greater CR) experiences a major uptick in cases.
Below are the updated Reopening Guidelines for Trinity Lutheran School. Please read through the guidelines prior to Orientation Night. A few highlights from the guidelines:
- Masks will not be required
- No parents in the building; two exceptions: conducting school business in the office between 8 am-3 pm and TECA families escorting children to classrooms.
- The school day begins at 8:15 am and ends at 3:15 pm for all grade levels. Doors will be open by 8:00 am and students need to be picked-up by 3:30 pm. Exceptions to these times are those using Extended Care and our full-time Early Childhood programs.
- In order to cut down on hallway & car traffic, entrance/exit will be as follows:
- TECA – West end entrance on 7th Ave
- K, 1, 2 – Main entrance on 7th Ave
- 3, 4, 5 – West end entrance on 7th Ave
- Middle School – Southwest entrance on 8th Ave
- Classes will be conducted with a normal flow of activities, unless a COVID case is confirmed in the classroom. Then the affected classroom will become a self-contained cohort for a ten day period. The infected student will be at home for those ten days. A classroom will move to virtual learning ONLY when three COVID cases are confirmed within a ten day period.
- Trinity’s goal is to be proactive and prevent COVID cases at school by practicing good hygiene habits, using additional cleaning methods, and asking parents to keep sick kids home.