Tell me more about Trinity Early Childhood Academy (TECA): This signature ministry of Trinity Lutheran Church and School is self-sustaining, and serves the youngest members of our community.
TECA is licensed by the Department of Human Services and holds a Quality Rating Level 4 from the State of Iowa’s quality initiative program. Our academy supports children’s growth and development through:
- – Safe, secure environments – Highly trained teaching staff
- – Parent partnerships – Developmentally appropriate curriculum
- – Spiritual growth – Quarterly Development Reports
- – Small class sizes – Individualized instructional opportunities
TECA supports Trinity Lutheran School: Trinity Early Childhood Academy values and invests in overall school growth. Over the last few years, TECA has provided funding for…
- – TLS Scholarships
- – Furnishings in several classrooms, including kindergarten
- – New carpeting and floors in three classrooms
- – Remodeled & expanded preschool outdoor play area and added age-appropriate play structure, cascading water tables, mud kitchens, outdoor building blocks & construction items.
Exciting changes ahead in 2021-2022: Historically, TLS has offered families part-time preschool with a full-time care option. Core preschool hours occurred on a part-time basis throughout the week.
Trinity Early Childhood Academy is updating class offerings and providing high-quality measures:
- There is no longer “preschool” and “wrap-around care”. Classes are in session Monday – Friday.Full-time and part-time enrollment options are still available.
- Core learning hours are provided Monday – Friday. There are no designated “preschool” days.
- Children who elect full-time receive learning/instruction each day that follows a consistent schedule.
- Children enrolled in half-day programming come to school on the designated days AND join their full-time friends.
- Children thrive on consistency and routine. Children will have a consistent teaching team with them every day.
What age range does TECA serve? Trinity Early Childhood Academy is pleased to announce we are now enrolling children as young as 18 months! We have program options available for children ages 18 months – 5 years.
How do I enroll my child? Contact the school office for an Application Packet. Spaces are limited and do fill quickly.
Is tuition assistance available? Trinity Early Childhood Academy does have several options for tuition assistance.
- Flexible Spending Account for dependent care – allows you to use pre-taxed dollars for child care expenses.
- Child Care Assistance (Block Grant)– State assistance based on family income. For more information click here: CCA Information
- Limited assistance provided by Trinity Early Childhood Academy – a limited amount of designated funds may be available to families with various financial factors. Contact the Early Childhood Program Administrator, Stephanie Jemtrud, for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions can be directed to: Stephanie Jemtrud, Early Childhood Program Administrator, at email@example.com